How To Generate Contour Lines from Digital Elevation Model using DroneMapper
- Once photogrametric processing has completed, the digital elevation model is available.
- Navigate to the "Operations" menu and choose "Generate Contours". You will be presented with the following dialog box and contour generation options:
The following options are available during contour creation:
- Output Projection - The resulting project of the contour lines. Options are UTM and Lat/Lon WGS84
- Output Filename - The name of the shapefile that is created containing the generated contour lines/vectors
- Contour Interval - The interval between contour lines. Allows input in feet or meters
- Contour Simplification - A slider which will simply the output contour lines
- Contour Min/Max - Restrict contour line generation between these elevations
- Determine the required options for contour generation, choose a filename and hit "Apply":
Once contour generation is completed, a new layer is created and displayed on the map tab. Here I've generated contours every 5 feet.
- The contour line shapefile is saved to the local hard disk (usually inside the project folder):